Legislative Concerns - Winter 2019-2020
OPPOSE these bills that infringe upon Pennsylvanians fundamental rights!
The long term plan to completely remove vaccine exemptions starts with bills such as these.
- OPPOSE SB 653 Leach Would remove ALL non-medical exemptions to the required school vaccinations in Pennsylvania. Referred to Senate Education Committee. **SB653 Talking Points
- OPPOSE SB 633 Costa Would allow the governor to declare a public health emergency, thus suspending consumer protections and allowing for fast-tracked regulations, possibly allowing for forced vaccination. New York used a similar bill to declare a State of Emergency and sent health officials door to door when measles were detected. This bill passed the Senate and is currently in the House Health Committee. **SB633 Talking Points
- OPPOSE HB 1771 Frankel Requires annual doctor visits to use religious and moral/ethical vaccine exemptions. With doctors refusing to see non-vaccinated patients, families would have no options to use current exemptions. Referred to House Education Committee. **HB1771 Talking Points
- OPPOSE SB 626 Schwank Would force parents to take annual state-mandated, vaccine education when using non-medical vaccine exemptions. Requires parents to obtain medical professional to sign exemptions. Referred to Senate Education Committee. **SB626 Talking Points
- OPPOSE HB 1767 Kosierowski Require schools to publish vaccine exemption rates as a way to spread division in parent community. Referred to House Education Committee. ** HB1767 Talking Points
- OPPOSE SB274 Ward & HB91 Grove Allows pharmacists to administer all CDC approved immunizations to children 9 and older. Pharmacists are not trained to manage severe vaccine reactions. Referred to Senate Consumer Protection & Professional Licensure Committee and House Health Committee. **SB 274 & HB91 Talking Points
Bills to SUPPORT - These support true informed consent and protect citizens’ rights to make medical choices without coercion.
- SUPPORT HB286 Metcalfe Prevents doctors from refusing care to patients based on their vaccine choices. It also relieves parents from being forced to sign a biased, self-incriminating and misleading document in order to receive care. Referred to House Health Committee. **HB286 Resource Page
- SUPPORT HB 508 Cox– Affirms and protects the intrinsic right of PA parents to determine the upbringing, education and care of their children. House Children & Youth Committee.
- SUPPORT HB48 Diamond – Requires schools to include exemption information in any correspondence that lists vaccine requirements for school attendance. House Education.
Pennsylvanians deserve true informed consent for medical procedures including vaccines.