We Need Each Other, We Need You!
As a grassroots organization, we depend completely on our activists to drive the movement! We are constantly awed by the passion, energy, and skill that our community contributes to the important mission of preserving vaccine choice and informed consent in Pennsylvania. We know that every hour spent working for this cause is an hour that you are away from your other life priorities, so we promise to do our best to be as efficient as possible in our work together.
In joining the PCIC team, you are not just a volunteer, you are a partner in the mission. We try to plug volunteers into areas where they are naturally drawn and likely to thrive.
Some current volunteer positions are:
- Local Group Leaders – Local area groups are the future and life-blood of this movement. When we strengthen our community through personal connections, we will create a wave of truth and influence that we cannot achieve online or on our own. It’s not hard to start a group, and it is incredibly rewarding!
- Legislation Monitoring – follow the movement of relevant legislation – stay abreast of committee meetings, co-sponsors, etc.
- Events Planning – This is broad and will draw from other teams as well, but these folks will post events on Facebook, make calls and contact venues regarding tabling, promote events via social media, ensure that we have members attending important events, and track disperse our printed materials as needed.
- Fundraising – creative and fiscally minded team members needed to utilize real world and online resources to raise funds for special and/or ongoing organizational campaigns.
- Legal – Lawyers and others in the field of law will stay abreast of law suits relevant to our mission, including the whistleblower cases and legal actions taken in other states who have passed or are attempting to pass similar laws.
- File Managers – People to organize documents, back-up our docs, edit spreadsheets and enter data, etc.
- Press/Media Response – Collecting and utilizing press contacts, furthering the message of vaccine choice through article comments, submissions, and letters to editors.
- Business Partner Liaison – foster and nurture connections with PA businesses who share our goals.
To volunteer for one or more of these teams, please use our contact form and tell us you’re interests and we’ll find a place for you. We look forward to having you on the team!